Go Back   Pre-Certification Video > Admin Posts

Old 05-12-2013, 06:16:45 AM

Exclamation Anonymous Bids

Just a reminder that those bidding anonymously should CC the moderator in their PM (to the seller).

It's grossly unfair to have the seller scrambling around having to send out additional PMs to affirm that he/she is not a shiller/crook.

═══════════════════════════════════

CLICK FOR POST-CERT VIDEO REVIEWS AND MORE…
══════════════════════════════════
Old 05-12-2013, 09:21:52 AM
VideoStar
VideoStar

And that's an order mother fuckers!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40:42 AM

Hey, I'm just try to make it easier for the seller concerned. If folk don't want to do that perhaps your lardy remark could serve as a negative reminder.

As a proponent of the anonymous bid, wouldn't it have been better to affirm that this was in fact a helpful point?

Old 05-12-2013, 12:14:38 PM
VideoStar
VideoStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellochas View Post
Hey, I'm just try to make it easier for the seller concerned. If folk don't want to do that perhaps your lardy remark could serve as a negative reminder.

As a proponent of the anonymous bid, wouldn't it have been better to affirm that this was in fact a helpful point?
Just let them get on with it Martin. You needn't concern yourself. Issuing 'reminders' to bidders on codes of conduct that haven't even been established never mind agreed upon, smacks less of 'polite reminder' and more of 'i want to establish/impose a new rule'.

The bidder has absolutely no obligation or motivation whatsoever to do this since it is the sellers reputation that is on the line should the forum police jump to conclusions (as is normal here) and tar someone with the 'shiller' brush. As such, the seller should look out for themselves and ensure that if they accept anonymous bids and feel it necessary to protect their reputation, they can take all of 10 seconds to fire off a pm to a moderator themselves.

If sellers now believe bidders are doing this task for them, it opens the door to misunderstandings and ill feeling should the bidder forget or choose not to.

As such, i'm an advocate of the 'if something is worth doing do it yourself' school of thought coupled with the 'if it aint broken don't fix it' philosophy with a large pinch of the laisser-faire approach to transactions.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09:44 PM

I'm afraid you're incorrect. A code of conduct was established here :

http://www.pre-cert.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31365

Last night I received PMs from a seller asking me to acknowledge that I had received anonymous bid information from him to validate his sales thread. Unfortunately, I had long since gone to bed and thus he didn't get any response.

All this could have been avoided if the sticky sales thread had been read, understood and utilized by the buyer.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:08:33 PM
VideoStar
VideoStar

Hands up. There's a fair cop..... I've never read those 'rules' thoroughly. I think the moment i saw the 'blue sleeve snuff' dictat it was enough to make me dismiss it all as nothing more than silly muscle flexing.....which if we're honest.... it was.

But fair play....i was wrong in saying this was not an established rule and for that you have my apology.